Produce a detailed specification of what we have now
- Rosemary to prepare a description of the current panel database
- Rosemary to come up with suggestions for improvements!
Work out what we need
see the DatabaseWishList
- Where possible we should mock up screens.
Arrange for consultants to advise us.
There doesn't seem to be anybody in Cambridge who looks suitable. These guys are from Bedford: http://www.colink.co.uk/index.asp
- For most of our requirements Access is up to the job, it's well supported, cheap for us, and lots of people know how to use it.
- But, if we want more than a few people to have access to the database, we probably want at least part of it too run through a web-interface e.g.
- for the front office to check which volunteers are with which testers
- For testers to enter their own details
- It would be best if the data itself was in SQL on the servers.
- Developers will need to sign up to MRC DP and security requirements.
- System should be well documented and maintainable by people other than the designers.
- We need instructions for how to modify the system