|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
|Email: [[MailTo(barney DOT dunn AT mrc-cbu DOT cam DOT ac DOT uk )]]||Email: [[MailTo(firstname.lastname@example.org )]]|
If you would like a reprint of any of my articles, are interested in collaborating with our research group, or would like information about available student projects please contact me:
Postal: MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit, 15 Chaucer Road, Cambridge, CB2 2EF
My research examines emotion experience and regulation in common mental health problems, using a combination of cognitive-experimental, neuroimaging and psychophysiological methods. The eventual goal of this work is to help develop novel emotion regulation interventions to supplement existing therapeutic strategies. I work under the supervision of Tim Dalgleish and in collaboration with other members of the emotion research group at the CBU. I am based four days a week at the CBU in Cambridge and one day a week as a clinical psychologist in London, where I practice cognitive behavioural therapy and cognitive analytic therapy in an adult mental health setting. I am also an honorary lecturer at the Sub Department of Clinical Health Psychology at University College London, where I supervise the research dissertations of trainee clinical psychologists.
• The consequences of different forms of emotion regulation in depression, post traumatic stress disorder, eating disorders, and borderline personality disorder
• Effects of emotional suppression when processing traumatic material
• Accuracy of self-focused attention to mind and body in anxiety and depression
• The impact of mindfulness meditation techniques on response to emotional material
• The contribution of body-state feedback to the emotional and decision-making symptoms of depression
• An fMRI investigation of the neural substrate of thought suppression
• An fMRI investigation of the neural representation of basic emotions
• Empirical evaluation of Damasio's somatic marker hypothesis
Click BarneyDunnPublications to view my publications
Click CbuEmotion to return to the clinical emotion group frontpage.